Full Moon Affirmation
As part of the greater world collective, I have so much to contribute. My words, thoughts, and actions ripple across the Universe.
August Astrological Forecast
- First of 3 traditional Celtic harvest festivals
- Take stock of your accomplishments
- Reset and push through – the work isn’t done yet
- Most powerful day of the year for supercharged manifestations
- Attract what you want in your life
- Focus on confidence and abundance
- Moon is closer to Earth and appears larger
- Shift your attention from the external to the internal
- Create the world you want to live in
- Community focus
- Be authentic in every way you can, as much as you can, for as long as you can
- Freedom vs constraint
- Focus on health for yourself and others
- How can you be of service?
- Ground and center your energy, get organized, and get down to business!
- Where can you make a clean slate for yourself?
- Clean and/or reorganize your space so you can start working towards your goals
MY MOON IS IN Aquarius – WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Your moon sign is your inner self, your emotions, the “you” you don’t show to people. Aquarius is the humanitarian of the zodiac, the revolutionary, the guerilla fighter. If your moon is in Aquarius, you have a strong sense of fairness. You value doing what is right, and hold everyone to a high standard of justice. You are a community organizer, depending on your Sun sign.
Because you are focused on building community and harmony, you come with an open mind. You are accepting of everyone, regardless of their personality quirks. You yourself can be quirky, so you understand firsthand that there’s a place for all people in the world. You are a humanist and believe that the world gets better if people are able to express themselves fully and freely. That’s why you care so much about social issues.
Aquarians tend to be fearless. Depending on your sun sign, you are likely not shy or afraid to show your weird to the world. You set an example in individuality and the power of self-expression.
Full Moon Ritual:
Raising the Vibration (Group Ritual)
Aquarius is all about our circles! This ritual is designed as a group ritual so that you can take advantage of that Aquarian community vibe. Of course, you can always do it by yourself if you want or need to, but it’s much better with friends.
- Palo santo or your favorite incense
- Singing bowl and mallet (if this isn’t accessible to you, you can use another musical instrument or even a recording of singing bowls being played)
- White 7-day candle
- Blanket, pillow, yoga mat, or cushion (one per participant)
- Clear quartz (one per participant)
- Golden healer (one per participant)
- White ritual candle and candle holder (one per participant)
- Gold or yellow ritual candle and candle holder (one per participant)
- Matches or lighters (enough for each participant)
1. Create a Sacred Space:
Begin by setting up your space. You’ll want a large area where blankets, mats, etc. can be placed in a circle. Make sure each participant will have enough room to feel comfortable. Place the singing bowl, palo santo or incense, and white 7-day candle in the center of the circle. Set up each blanket (etc.), and place a white ritual candle, a gold ritual candle, a clear quartz, and a golden healer in front of each one.
You may want to do a preliminary cleanse before participants arrive, if you think the space feels a bit stagnant with energy. Feel free to use any method for this.
Once the participants have arrived, cleanse the space with palo santo. Palo is a gentle cleanser that will remove any stagnant or negative energy, leaving behind only high frequencies of love. The leader of the ritual should light the palo santo and pass it around to each participant in a counterclockwise fashion. You can also substitute with your favorite incense if you prefer.
2. Invite Love Into the Space:
Have the participants join hands and close their eyes. As a group, take three deep breaths. Focus on bringing love into the space as you breathe. Group rituals are especially helpful in increasing love frequencies and bringing everyone closer together.
The leader of the ritual may want to say some opening words or set an intention for the group at this time.
3. Affirmations and Community Building:
Leader: take the singing bowl and strike it. Have everyone keep their eyes closed as the bowl sounds. When the sound has died down naturally, the leader can begin the affirmations. Say one positive, uplifting, loving thing about yourself. What do you like about yourself, or what are you proud of? What’s a character trait you admire in yourself? Next, say one positive, uplifting, loving thing about the person to your right, and then the person to your left.
Pass the bowl to the person on your left. Have them repeat this step, beginning with striking the bowl, and then saying affirmations for themselves and the people on either side of them. Continue until each participant has completed this step.
4. Light and Lifted Vibrations:
Have each participant take their golden healer in their left hand and the clear quartz in their right. Golden healer helps us access higher vibrations and brings healing energy to our bodies, both physical and subtle. Clear quartz is the ultimate healer and amplifier and can magnify any intention. Have each participant hold the golden healer to their heart and take a deep breath, while keeping the clear quartz in their right hand.
Next, have each participant extend both hands towards the people on either side of them and connect crystals. Each clear quartz crystal should connect to a golden healer crystal. This way, each person is helping to amplify the healing and loving vibrations of the person to their right, and as a whole the group is raising the collective vibration. Have everyone close their eyes and take three deep breaths together in this position.
Finally, have each person light their white candle. As they light it, each person should set the intention of helping others bring the frequencies of love and healing into their lives. Then, one by one, have each participant take their white candle and from it light the gold or yellow candle of the person to their left. Once all the ritual candles have been lit, the leader of the ritual can light the white 7-day candle with their own gold or yellow candle, symbolizing the collective desire for a better community, society, and world.
Allow the candles to burn out naturally if it is safe to do so. The ritual is complete at this point, but you can optionally follow it with a group dinner or dance party to continue raising the vibrations.